View Single Post
Old 28th June 2003, 15:24   #8  |  Link
Happygolucky
blah blah blah blah...

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric Tetz
I found a clear quality difference between CCE and ProCoder: the ProCoder output was much better. I tried everything to get better results out of CCE, because I wanted it's speed, but the CCE footage always had much more artifacts, especially mosquito noise. Quality is my primary concern, so I ruled CCE out.

Now I see people here claiming the CCE quality is actually better the ProCoder, which is shocking, given the results I've seen with my own eyes. So this is only with non-interlaced footage (mine is NTSC DV)? Would I be better off deinterlacing my footage and using CCE? Is this what you guys do?

I have to agree, as I've written in another thread, my tests convertining a very high quality Divx AVI movie to SVCD using CCE (2.57.00.09), Procoder (1.01.35), and TMPGEnc Plus (2.513) showed CCE to be horribly inferior to the other two. The picture quality of the CCE encode was terrible, it looked as if viewing through a piece of gauze. Procoder was excellent though it took nearly twice as long to encode as TMPGEnc Plus. The TMPGEnc Plus encode produced the best results. The only difference between it and the Procoder encodes were Procoder had slightly more blockiness in dark areas. I was using DVD2SVCD beta7 and each encoders highest quality settings. For speed and quality, TMPGEnc wins hands down. CCE doesn't even come close.
Happygolucky is offline   Reply With Quote