View Single Post
Old 7th January 2011, 00:04   #17  |  Link
chani

Hey,

thanks for posting fizzick, that was me, with the mail, i couldn't post earlier here, because of the "you have to be 5 days registered to write"-rule. However, back to the problem/idea:

I also talked with manao and kuukunen on IRC, it came out that what i wanted to do is most likely not possible. Because i simply can't take the result of the previous frame (at least i have no idea how, i tried with imagewrite and imageread, though that didnt work because the image is only read once, and not on every request) i tried with trim, duplicateframe.. So.. There's some additional magic needed i guess :-)

Some people might say that this is useless at all, because it wouldn't give good results, however, the result's i've seen in my testing clip were good (especially if you just want to do that at borders. The less you want to add to the borders the better - This might be useful for turning 4/3 into 16/9 video. My idea was just to make masks around the borders, so that we have a left, top, bottom and right mask, and just checking whether there's motion in a mask - if there is, do inpainting, if not, use the previously inpainted one. Dunno. I weren't able to get something like that working and i was told it's impossible, so i gave up yet. Though if anyone else has any idea about it ... i'd be interested.