View Single Post
Old 26th May 2023, 09:48   #573  |  Link
TDS
Formally known as .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzilaAvenger View Post
I don't know why I have to repeat this but .mkv files don't trigger Dolby Vision on LG TVs, but .mp4, .ts, and .m2ts do. Converting the Rings of Power file to .mp4 will only take minutes even on a laptop (don't pirate BTW). It almost certainly has nothing to do with the DV profile or HDR10 backwards compatibility.

I look forward to -QfG-'s response, but as far as I know, the answer is no. In dovi_tool (which is the backbone of DDVT) conversion to Profile 4 is not possible. I encourage you to read up on HDR10 and Dolby Vision Profiles and Levels, that should clarify a lot of things.
Well, you won't have to repeat yourself again (hopefully)

I am VERY, VERY new to this process, so don't be too harsh

I have learnt that LG's DO only work off the format's you mentioned, I have converted a couple of the "hybrid" types to .mp4, but instead of test playing them on the LG, I check the MediaInfo, and see the HDR Format is still unchanged, so I don't bother to go any further, and what confuses me more is the MediaInfo of the LG DV test file (despite it's low DV Profile).

So if I convert these .mkv's to .mp4 with DDVT, regardless of the HDR Format, if' it's .mp4 it should play & display the Dolby Vision logo on the LG TV...

I will definitely go that one more step after the conversion, to do a test play.

Thanks & sorry.

UPDATE
:-

I just converted this one to .mp4 using DDVT, and guess what, it still plays in HDR10

John Wick (mkv)

Quote:
Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 2 h 49 min
Bit rate : 23.7 Mb/s
Width : 3 828 pixels
Height : 1 592 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.162
Stream size : 28.1 GiB (95%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : BT.2020
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 2458 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 636 cd/m2
After conversion..

Quote:
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
I think it might need to be changed to DV Profile 5...

SORTED, (see below)

Thanks for your help.

RipBot264 modded builds..

Last edited by TDS; 26th May 2023 at 15:34.
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote