View Single Post
Old 17th January 2002, 19:33   #37  |  Link
int 21h
Still Laughing

Quote:
Originally posted by trbarry

For some reason I tend to lean toward GreedyHMA for deinterlacing/IVTC.

As far as an alternate resizer, I'm just putting the finishing touches on my SimpleResize filter. This is just a simple 2 tap linear interpolation that is good enough for most downsizing if you don't need filtering and care more about speed. It was easier to write it as an Avisynth filter but it was basically taken from the Avisynth/DVD2AVI shared resize code, though it's diverged somewhat in optimizing. It's a bit faster than the others already and so far it's only MMX code, no SSE2.

Also, I've now got a working P4 (test) version of many of DmitryR's SSE2 optimizations if anyone (Nic?) is interested in merging code with some of the other improvements. (5-10% faster on P4) The previous one had a problem in the Add_Block function that would crash P4 users. Or we could wait for a CVS. Thanks to DmitryR and I hope it's okay to announce this.

Finally, does anyone have a version that can directly merge ac3 sound propoerly with DVD2AVI, keeping correct sync? That's my biggest issue right now and I know very little about audio coding.

- Tom
I'd be interested in having working SSE2 code somewhere so that I can implement it into mpeg2dec.dll.
int 21h is offline   Reply With Quote