View Single Post
Old 30th January 2004, 10:08   #309  |  Link
desertrat

Hi,

I am new to this forum... been mostly reading since Novemeber.
I've done about 10 - 15 ambisonic mixes since then, about half of them in the DTS CD format and the other half in AC3 to make a larger compilation on DVD (haven't found a good easy to use DVD authoring program that will support DTS and is easy for making music compilations - if anyone has any recommendations from what they've tried... it would be appreciated). Most of these ambisonic mixes that I have done so far are on instrumental music. (Works exceptionally well with Ambient music... Brian Eno, JM Jarre, etc).

I have also tried the I, J, & K and CS II VST. The CS II VTS mix I can't say I was very impressed with the one track (bjork - joga) that I did. The Ambisonic mix actually sounded better to my ears. I am assuming that the CS II mix would need to be encoded in AC3 and not DTS (which is what I just tried) and will be trying that next to see if the results aren't better.

I was also wondering if anyone knows where there is a explanation of the differences between the I, J & K options. Having an understanding of what they do might make it easier to choose which option is the right one for a certain type of music.

Lastly I would like to thank everyone (especially Eye of Horus for his guide) who has been involved in this discussion for the knowledge that I have acquired here

Time to get back to the CS II VST since I've only got seven days with it

Cheers,
desertrat