View Single Post
Old 9th June 2011, 04:48   #18  |  Link
Mikey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J View Post
for backing to the topic.

I'm sure it's not low memory problem because it doesn't get problem only after running a heavy graphic program.
I did even a clean install but got the same result.
It seems I need an easier way to reset the graphic driver

Edit: You were right. It didn't work in XP because it doesn't reset the video driver (no blank screen while installing and it asked to restart)
I apologize P.J for forcing this a bit off-topic (although if you really wanted to get into it; much of this may apply to you...mainly that you might also see a performance boost using software decoding...)

And thanks to the rest of you for bearing with me and actually responding with real insight to my overly long post. It involved some topics that I are quite pressing to me. (For instance, I also just discovered LAV de-interlacing...I love it! )

While this stuff fascinates me, I do not have the time for another long post, but I am learning a lot - when I have time I may start another thread. But to sum it up, I think it comes down to the fact that P.J. and I are just really pushing it running the 8600 GT...not only because of the video-memory, which is too high for my comfort in GPU-Z, but also because I agree with P.J. that that doesn't seem to be the main issue.

P.J. - So is your issue fixed now? I overlooked the fact that you are on XP - that changes several things. (E.g. Aero does much more than making windows look pretty and transparent...)

Thanks again for all of the info!
MikeY

PS - I was shocked to see that SLI did help me out when using Cuda (or whatever it is called ) ...Shockingly, GPU-Z showed ALL of the "Video Engine Load" on the secondary GPU. With it turned off, it was obviously on the main GPU. Consequently, when running higher-powered upscaling like 4-tap Spline, I received far fewer frame-drops. This is of course only when using HW decoding, since that is what maps to that process-view.
Mikey2 is offline   Reply With Quote