View Single Post
Old 13th March 2012, 00:00   #9832  |  Link
jmonier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
I just checked your clip and, yes, I do see what you see.

My first thought was it 's because both the WMO decoder and LAV-yadif are not multi-threaded.
Without yadif, the WMO decoder tops on 105 fps on my system, so that would mean that yadif is taken *a lot* resources.

The ffdshow implementation of Yadif is however MT IIRC, that's probably the reason why it runs smoother with the DMO decoder.

To make it simple for now, just disable yadif and let Madvr or EVR do the de-interlacing : it's faster and will give a superior result compared to yadif.

Nev : is making yadif multi-threaded still on your to do list ?
A lot of what you say has been covered in posts subsequent to the one of mine that you replied to.

I'm fully aware of the value of the madVR de-interlacer. I use Zoomplayer and in order to use subtitles I need the de-interlacing done prior to the renderer so it's not an option for general use right now. I do use the wmv decoder directly to the madVR de-interlacer for vc1 right now since there is very little vc1 interlaced material and thus the subtitle problem is not a big one. I'd rather use LAV Video for everything, however, so that's why I was trying this solution.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote