View Single Post
Old 10th February 2018, 20:42   #48926  |  Link
steakhutzeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Filou View Post
IVTC is InVerse TeleCine. It analyses frames to try and reconstruct the original cadence before the conversion to TV/DVD. It can, among other cases, for example reconstruct 24p film converted into 60i back into 24p (so called 3:2 cadence), or 25p converted into 50i back to 25p (so called 2:2 cadence). Your PAL DVD is the second case. However, IVTC uses some processing power, and madVR runs it on the CPU, so if you can avoid it then you gain a few ms.If the only material you watch on DVD is movies and the DVDs are PAL, then yes. It's easy because when a cinema movie is put on a PAL DVD, it's simply accelerated 4% to 25 fps, then each frame is plit in two fields to give 50i. If you just disable deinterlacing, the fields (half-frames) are just combined back together into 25p.
Note that some TV series are also shot on film, and some parts of cinema movies on disc can be video, like some end credits, so you need to test with each film (or enable IVTC and accept the few ms of additional processing).Video is natively captured in 50i (or in 50p and then converted to 50i for TV/DVD/HD Blu-ray), so if you disable deinterlacing with true video, you'll end up with stuff like that: https://larryjordan.com/assets/nxltr69/interlace-01.jpg
Check madVR's keyboard shortcuts configuration, there are shortcuts for toggling deinterlacing between auto/off/on, and for forcing film/video. Test and see what each does to playback.
Thank you very much for the complete explanation!

So,

Disabling deinterlacing works, and no dropped frames with video mode.

With deinterlacing on 'if in doubt deactivate' (as i always have) , and forced to movie mode, no fps drop. (possible?)

So I simply setted madvr to force movie mode and now I have not to press anything, (not touched deinterlacing setting).

I can use these settings for movies I've on my PC so not on dvd discs?

I tried and switching between source type (on a movie on my PC) I see 1.movie with deinterlacing off 2. Movie 3.video

What's the difference between 1 and 2?

>>So I assume I can safely completely disable deinterlacing because I never see true video but only movies? Deactivating 'automatically activate deinterlacing when needed'? Or it's useless because I m forcing movie mode?

>>Forcing movie mode automatically enable IVTC? So I have to install anything and I can leave the deinterlacing option active on 'if in doubt, deactivate'?

-------------

Btw, I still continue to can't navigate through the movie selecting a point in the seek bar. Why this? (only on DVD discs).

What's the use of the settings in the first two screeshots i posted in spoiler previously? Those settings refer to this problem too?

Thanks again and again!

Last edited by steakhutzeee; 10th February 2018 at 21:27.
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote