View Single Post
Old 17th May 2018, 11:54   #50883  |  Link
Clown shoes
King of the Jungle

Does anyone know if the process HDR content by using pixel shader math option presumes the display is already calibrated and just send the information in the same way passthrough would? Or does it take any LUTS loaded into MadVR into consideration?

My issue is that if I calibrate my display (430nits) for HDR using DisplayCal and MadVRTPG I have a problem when playing 4000nit content (sections of Mad Max are a great example) where very bright highlights turn red. The only way I can prevent this is by increasing the peak luminence to around 2500nits but this has the side effect of bringing the average luminence down and everything becomes quite dark. Setting the peak luminence to 1000nits under pixel shader math gives me almost identical results to passthrough and is the expected peak luminance for a display around the 400nit mark but I also want to calibrate my display as I know it's slightly off.

Is it possible to use pixel shader math and have a LUT loaded? and has anyone else experienced this highlight issue on very bright 4000nit content?
Clown shoes is offline   Reply With Quote