View Single Post
Old 12th April 2009, 19:46   #183  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
the display I used here has 1680*1050 res, so its not 1:1 (the other screen on my own system has 1280*1024). so you still want me to try zoom?
No, scaling was probably already activated because it's not 1:1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
hm so your advise would be to change it to 24 (or exactly 23.976?)Hz? how can I do that, in my graphic card options when I rightclick on windows screen and then properties (only have the option to choose either 59 or 60Hz there)? or do I need to change that in ffdshow?
That would be graphics card properties or PowerStrip (if all else fails). But that makes sense only if your display can handle that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTime View Post
How does madVR decide what's SD and what's HD? What are the resolution cut-offs?
HD = wider than 1024 or higher than 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTime View Post
The crtl+J info is reporting the refresh rate correctly for me at 24Hz, 50Hz and 60Hz (I only use a primary display). Average GPU rendering time hovers around 14ms for 24Hz playback. I've tried a blu-ray AVC source (muxed to mkv with eac3to) and that works for me with CoreAVC CUDA decoding too, on a 512MB 8600GT.
Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorp View Post
Only CoreAVC was decoding, nothing else.

I had the same low fps problem in MPC custom build with madVR, but when I went back to the Beliyaal-build setting madVR as a preferred external renderer, everything runs smoothly now. Getting 16/16 frame queues.
Strange. Could you please post the pin connection info? (right click -> filters -> madVR -> Pin Info). If possible for both the situation where madVR reports the funny resolution. And also for the situation where madVR runs fluidly. There must be a difference somewhere. I'd really like to know why madVR reports such a high resolution for you!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote