View Single Post
Old 25th September 2012, 11:28   #14147  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Mock up of FSE mode seekbar with filename displayed on the left. Some comments on this please.
I like the missing vertical bar. Looks better this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
If I pause playback and move the window around the screen the image doesn't refresh inside the window until I press play, thus the video image is outside the window and remains so until I move it back to it's original location.
Really? That's weird. I explicitly tested that and believed to have it fixed. Does everybody has the same problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoan View Post
Hey madshi, just to be clear, if we have ATi card is the overlay mode automaticallly disabled even though the option is ticked?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detmek View Post
I get an error "Resetting Direct3D failled (8876086c)" and video pauses with 0.83.4 build if I:
1. Check Overlay and FSE in settings
2. Open video
3. Go into full screen
4. Reopen video (Ctrl+E)
5. Go back to windowed overlay mode.
madVR - log
madVR - log1
I tried MPC-BE and PotPlayer.
Thanks, will have a look at your logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
So why would anyone want to use Overlay Mode when playing content in fullscreen if FSE is simply better when running content in fullscreen??
Reread Jong's comment, it's explained there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Speed: Overlay > Windowed > FSE
I disagree. FSE should actually be the fastest mode. And on my PCs (both AMD and NVidia) it most definitely is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
I never liked overlay in the old XP + WMP days. Bad colours and couldn't take screenshots.
Do you have bad colors with v0.83.4 when using Overlay mode? I don't think so, but if you have, please let me know!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote