View Single Post
Old 30th June 2005, 13:01   #214  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank
1) I've tested a backup with 6 titles.
In every title set the first cell has STC discontinuity but no seamless flag.
No problem with preview!

May be PgcEditPreview.exe has an issue.
If Jeanl used DVD2AVI as source then I remember there is a GOP bug that produces frame lost. It's better to change to DGIndex. Neuron2 can help when some CLI changes needed. More in the DGIndex f.a.q.
OK, but the problem may be caused by the STC discontinuity inside the VOB, and not when the first cell of the VOB is played. I'm not sure, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank
2) PgcEdit blocks the Burn DVD Menu when you test a DVD from drive and not from HD backup.
Usually comes the message that it can't create the backup folder, ok.

When you start the Burn DVD / Create ISO menu you'll get an application error:

Tested DVD (PCgo 4/2005) also has some DVD-ROM content. Strange.
OK, the error message comes from a bug in the routine that calculates the size of DVD-ROM subdirs, with empty directories, and is not related to the fact that you opened the DVD from your drive. Fixed now.

What do you mean exactly with "PgcEdit blocks the Burn DVD Menu"? Is it the same problem as the error message? I have just tried to launch the Burn function from a DVD drive, and it worked, although slowly. The Layer Break selection dialog opened successfully.
Anyway, you cannot burn directly from a read-only filesystem, since PgcEdit needs to write the new VTS sector pointers in the IFOs before launching mkisofs. So, if you accept the dialogs, you will have an error message, and the burn process will stop.

Last edited by r0lZ; 30th June 2005 at 13:06. Reason: Changed subdirs to DVD-ROM subdirs
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote