View Single Post
Old 6th March 2009, 22:08   #1  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

popBD - simple MKV/*TS/MPEG to AVCHD/BD tool - split to 2 (BD5/BD9) volumes supported

Hey there all!

Here is another small application I coded in few hours. It was requested few days ago by turbojet, hence the idea for the name "popBD":

turbojet:
Quote:
Hi,

What I am mainly looking for is kind of like a very stripped down version of multiAVCHD that can convert mkv to BD with accessibility and simplicity being the main priority.

Basic operation would be: get mkvinfo, make meta, run tsmuxer, burn with imgburn, optionally split in half with mkvmerge, which is useful to split a BD9 to 2 BD5's or some really long movies into 2 BD5's or BD9's.

For simplicity just a simple gui with an input box (drag and drop too)... with these options: image, burn, delete auxdata directory (for samsung players), mux directory (defaults to mkv dir), image directory (defaults to mkv dir), default mux dir, default image dir.

multiAVCHD is a must have tool when dealing with multiple files. However if it's an mkv that fills a dvd5 or dvd9... there are many times I wished with that I could pop in a dvd and press a button and in 15 minute it would pop out a burned disk that I could play in a BD player. I also think this is something other people would want...
So, here it is:

Download links:

Full package: popBD (3MB)

If you have multiAVCHD you can simply put popBD.exe in your multiAVCHD folder and use it. You don't need the "full package" as popBD uses some of the tools that multiAVCHD uses.

Using it is really simple. One feature of interest is that it supports TWO volumes (for writing to TWO DVD discs).

For example if you're using a MKV file that exceeds 4GB limit, popBD will split it (at the selected size) and will create second folder (AVCHD_2). Be advised that max of TWO volumes is supported. Then you can burn two discs and get 2xDVD5s of about 8GB, 2xDVD9s - 16GB or 2xBD25 and get 50GB movie playable on your SAP/PS3.

It features:

* mkv/ts/m2ts/mts/mpeg/mpg support
* external SRT or SUP subtitles
* external AC3/DTS/LPCM audio tracks
* chapters from MKV/*TS/MPG or external chapters (in movie.txt file with HH:MM:SS format, space/";"/new line delimited)
* STOP after DVD/BD playback (no loop)
* split for volume 2 with correct start offset
* one pass processing - no intermediate/temporary muxing/splitting
* external applications used: mkvinfo/tsmuxer (mediainfo/mkvextract only if using original chapters)
* tsMuxeR in version 0.6 is updated to 1.9.9. popBD will not work properly with older tsMuxeR versions

Please test it and share your comments.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 3rd June 2009 at 21:15.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote