View Single Post
Old 15th July 2017, 18:16   #1216  |  Link
vadlerg

Thank you for your effort understanding my situation. I have made Full-OU encoding already so I got 1920 x 1600 Top/Bottom picture where is no right chance to tell the TV set which AR the original picture was. So the AR is never correct in this case. eg. looks like 4:3 on 16:9. There is two solution as far as I see. One is setting an AR value for the picture in the stream and hope the TV set understands it. The second and safe one is upscale horizontal by 2. At the and I will have a 3840 x 1600 (or 2160) Full-OU encoding with the right AR and no lines lost from the original encoding. That is my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Personally, I'm still not convinced of the interest of implementing that feature in BD3D2MK3D. Of course, I may change my mind if someone can prove that the interest is big, or if there are enough peoples requesting that feature.
I don't think the interest is a big one. Home 3D is dying slowly. UHD 4K Blu-ray has no profile definition for UHD 3D so there will be no movie releases in 4k 3D. I got this 2016 TV model nearly at half-price with excellent features. My smallest kid is a real 3D fan and I had the promise since years to have a 3d TV set. So we have it and I am creating the 4k 3D for it. Thanks again.