View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:05   #8121  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Yes, thanks. I'm planning to do that for the next release. But I'm thinking: Maybe it would be better to inject them not only at the start of the stream, but also in front of every I(DR) frame? Because I think in the original h264 stream normally sequence headers are stored in front of every I frame.
It's not required because the activated SPS/PPS's remain in effect until a new one appears in the stream. But it would be a good idea to re-insert them if they are not present already, to allow for subsequent stream cutting, etc. You'll have to make a reliable way to detect IDRs, however.

Quote:
However, I do think that in theory it would be possible to have h264 MKV files which are not using "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC", but "V_MS/VFW/FOURCC" instead, just as some VC-1 MKVs do, but with "avc1" in the CodecPrivate's BitmapInfoHeader. So eac3to also accepts "V_MS/VFW/FOURCC" with "avc1" as valid h264/AVC MKVs, too, just to be safe...
What is this "CodecPrivate's BitmapInfoHeader" you talk about? I've seen no documentation of such a thing and cannot find anything like that in the streams I have.