View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2003, 18:29   #11  |  Link
Piper

Re: well...

Quote:
Originally posted by dvd_maniac
my sysrem can handle 720x480 even in huffy avi capture. my problem is trying to fit as much video as possible onto dvd-r without quality loss. I record my favorite tv shows and do not want to waste too many blanks but want them too look nice.
ps does anybody here capture with ati radeon and encode with CCE?
my huffy avi's come out squashed and scrambled. And don't know how to import mpeg-2 files.
could use some help.
I also cap at 720x480 (huffyuv with ATI AIW) with my destination being dvd. What I do is filter the sourc, delete commericals and resize down to 352x480 and create a second filtered source file which is also huffyuv encoded. Then using the second file, I encode to MPEG-2 Half D1 DVD (TMPGEnc) and burn it to a dvd+rw when I'm finished. Using this method, I cannot honestly tell the difference between the original source and the dvd. In fact if it's filtered correctly, it can actually look a bit better. I find 352x480 is a great resolution for TV caps.

If it's a particularly good episode, I'll encode it (second source) to DivX and dump it on a CD-R. The quality is not quite as good as on the DVD, but works well for my purposes. Of course if DVD's were as cheap as CD-Rs, there would be no question. :-)

Sorry, I can't help with CCE.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote