View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 11:18   #1  |  Link
evilc

PPro CS3 and AVISynth Plugin issues

I have been using AVISynth and PPro together for years. Mainly to do the Deinterlace Smooth plugin that lets you create 50p footage from 25i source, enabling silky smooth slowmos.

I started using PPro CS3 recently, and when I try to do this, PPro starts getting clunky.

I am using Tom Ford's plugin at the moment, but I have tried others, and also the AMVPack which contains an older version of Tom Ford's plugin and a load of other goodies. In there it talks about an alternative ffdshow method as well, and also using AVIS to make fake AVIs, none of which I can get to work.

I can get the plugin to work though, but it causes issues...
The clips I am using at the moment are long takes (4-5 mins) with multiple bits I want to use from each. To keep track of things, I duplicate clips in PPro so I can name each clip. One way or another, the whole thing seems to crap out when it is opening more than a small number of files. CPU usage in PPro pegs at 99% for ages, but no disk activity. This especially happens when you open a PPro project. If you rename files so PPro can't see them and offline them at startup, then point PPro to them once the project is opened, it works, but this is a real pain to do every time you load a project, esp if PPro crashed on you (again).

There are so many bits of information I could give you to help me here, but at the moment this is more of a cursorary "Has anyone else had this issue and solved it?" type of post. Besides, it's lovely outside, and I have to go out and ride! I had to wait 5 days to make any kind of post, I just wanted to get something up for now, more info will be forthcoming if anyone decides to try and help me out.

If anyone wants to try and recreate, sample source file that I would use is here (My new camera saves as PAL DivX AVI to it's SD card) and all the avisynth scripts are the same, like this:
Code:
#ASYNTHER Deinterlace Smooth
AVISource("deint_smooth_me.avi")
SmoothDeinterlace(tff=true, doublerate=true)
Ideally I am going to be wanting to frameserve 30 odd clips like that into PPro CS3 ranging from 1 min to 5mins+

TIA!

Last edited by evilc; 18th May 2008 at 11:23.
evilc is offline   Reply With Quote