View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:22   #162  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Because 1/14 MUST be a part of the VOB 1, and it's not the case, as I've explained above. The new cell is totally independent, and MUST therefore have a new VID. I can give it 3/1 if you wish (but VID 2 will be missing and it's not a good idea) but I can't give it VID 1, already used by VOB 1. And since a new VOB must be created, its cell is cell 1, and must therefore have CID 1.

Do not be confused by VOB (Video Object) and VOB file, the extension of the file or files containing one or several VOBs. What PgcEdit does is to create a new Video Object, and append it to the (last) VOB file of the domain. It cannot modify an existing VOB by adding a new cell to the VOB. That's simply not possible without very complex tools.

Anyway, if you really want to change the VID and CID of the cell added by PgcEdit, you can do it with VobEdit. That's easy since there is only one nav pack in the short cell. But you cannot do that, as you will not have the correct structure. IfoEdit and VobEdit let you do anything, including totally illegal things, therefore you can try to do it anyway. But of course do it at your own risk. Your DVD will be totally illegal and you will probably have severe playback issues.

Last edited by r0lZ; 3rd July 2017 at 19:30.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote