View Single Post
Old 5th December 2005, 20:22   #38  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hello all,
That old last but not least stuff gets old so.......

@Doom9
Thank you for this place where I play and learn.
@all
Thanks you for making this forum such a great place to play and learn.
@Nic
Thanks for your time, when you have none.
@Fizick
Thanks for the great ideas and then coming though with a fix so I can pursue them.

As promised 0.0.1.2 b.
http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter
or
http://rapidshare.de/files/8673247/F...2beta.zip.html

FilmCutter is not crash free yet but the filter / function popup list and parameter dialog should not be so deadly.

I kind of think it is a pain to type a little then mouse a little or try to do both. I have tried to setup FilmCutter so you can keep you hands on the keyboard if you like. Therefore I have made some changes to the filter / function popup list and dialog they include.
  • Changed “shift+tab” to “ctrl+tab” to display the filter / function list. Seems more comfortable to me.
  • Once the list is up keep typing, note the far right column of the status bar will display “Filter search = M“ if you type a ‘M’, the list highlight will move to the first ‘M’. don’t worry about case just keep typing, as you get close the filter / function you want will show. Lots faster than arrowing down though the list. Backspace works if you type the wrong character, and alt_names work as well. If the highlight lands on your filter press enter or tab for the dialog box.
  • Once your in the dialog box pressing “Ctrl+Shift+O” will open a file dialog box for filename selection that will insert into the data cell that your in. Tab navigation still works. Press enter and your done.
You should be able to write the following script without touching the mouse, I can.
Code:
vid = MPEG2Source(d2v="E:\your.d2v", iPP=TRUE)
aud = WAVSource("E:\your.wav")
AudioDub(vid, aud)
Normalize()
There are three recently discovered issues with FilmCutter.
  1. FilmCutter’s video viewer / player does not work well with audio only scripts, not that there is anything wrong with that Mr. Gates. It is just that I have not properly trapped the exceptions, my bad.
  2. Along the same lines the script output property routines assume there will always be a video stream, again my bad.
  3. If you have selected a display aspect ratio of 16:9 the player will refuse to play with some window sizes. Slightly moving the window edge solves the problem. I have not seen the problem when using 4:3 but do not know why.
The audio only issues will be addressed by next version.

Going to come at FilmCutter as a user for the remaining days of 2005 and hopefully come back with a much improved program in 2006.

I wish all a happy and safe holiday.
Keep the cards and letters coming.

Ebobtron
Ebobtron is offline   Reply With Quote