View Single Post
Old 18th February 2009, 23:43   #37  |  Link
lchiu7

I'm a bit new to this backing up BD/HD-DVD's via freeware/shareware tools since up till now my goal was to just backup my HD-DVD collection in case my player died and not worry about BD since you can always get a new player (I am using a PS3).

So I have been using AnyDVD trial and it's pretty easy to use. But the trial has ended and rather than spend 79 euros on the tool I started looking at the other tools like dumphd, dumpvid, aacskeys etc. Tried on a couple of titles and they seemed to work. And what made it harder was the fact my LG drive has had its key revoked so had to use PDVD7 which came with the drive and dumpvid to hammer the drive to get the Volume Key (if that's the right term).

Anyway have come across this tool and it looks interesting. But what's not so clear to me is, it says it won't handle BD+. I am entirely sure what the implication of that is. Does that mean it cannot rip a BD title with BD+? If so can you use the BDVM Debugger in standalone mode?

What happens if it's a title with mkbv9 keys so this tool is the only tool (apart from AnyDVD) that can handle it.

Sorry if the questions are a bit simple but some looking around on this forum didn't turn up any obvious answers

Thanks
lchiu7 is offline   Reply With Quote