View Single Post
Old 19th October 2011, 11:17   #10218  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
And does it look "better" in that mode compared to madVR?
Cant say for sure, cause looking better is kind of an subjective argument/feeling. But i have the feeling it did. Simply because i could turn of dithering in JanWillems build (or set it the lowest random setting), and outputting the 10-bit video to my receiver, wich in turn does 'its thing' using a Reon-VX video processor. Image seemed to be clearer, having more 'color-fidelity'. But as i said: This is subjective to be sure, i have to do some comparison between the two.

But then again: Another important argument for madVR is that using madVR with a trunk build of mpc-ht is more stable then Jan's experimental builds.

Quote:
I may look into this in a future version. But to be honest, I don't find it very important, because the only benefit 10bit output would bring is a lower dithering noise floor. Other than that, 10bit output will have no advantage.
Thanx for your reply on this. 10-bit would be interesting i guess. But if benefit is small, and my subjective feeling towards it is wrong, than the effort might not be worth it.

Quote:
This was reported with some older madVR versions when using the madVR D3D11 presentation mode. Are you using that mode? And are you sure you're using the latest madVR version? Try without D3D11 presentation mode. Does the problem still occur?
I'm using 0.74, which is latest afaik. And your right, not using D3D11 mode fixes the problem. I'll keep using the D3D9 path. I set it to D3D11, simply without thinking (like: I have D3D11, so might as well use it).

Last edited by G_M_C; 19th October 2011 at 11:22.
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote