View Single Post
Old 30th August 2010, 19:19   #213  |  Link
Ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
LAVFSplitter 0.8
The Seeking deadlock should be gone
Yup, seems to be completely gone. No regression with the MS decoder due to the partial flushing behavior revert either. Good job.

Quote:
however the crash with libmpeg2 in ffdshow is still present - i might have an idea, though.

Anyhow, like mentioned earlier, i'm moving into a new apartment this week, so don't expect much (if any) activity on my side.
I was actually planning to report this in the ffdshow thread, but since you may have an idea about it I guess I'll wait and see. No problem if it takes a few weeks before you can look into it further.

There is also an issue I've discovered with playback stopping when enabling DVB-subs in the "Henry IV" sample (seems to stop when the subs are about to be rendered) with ffdshow/libavcodec as the video decoder (seemingly not an issue with MPC-HC internal libmpeg2 decoder). I'll get back to this another day, I need to do more testing to see which versions/decoders are affected.

BTW, AR is correct for "John Adams" sample even with the MS decoder now. I guess this was fixed in 0.6, but I didn't test it then. Don't see any hearing impaired tag on one of the sub tracks, but I take it that just means Underground78's patch isn't applied yet.

All in all 0.8 is certainly the best version so far IMHO.

Good luck with the move.
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote