View Single Post
Old 11th April 2009, 15:21   #113  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
But HR does not make such an intensive use of GPU as madVR, and also the memory use in madVR is very high due to the 3dlut (96MB) and all the intermediate buffers at 16bit per component... That's why we need to redefine our working minimuns.
With madVR doing everything in the GPU, we would have more CPU power for software AVC decoding...
lolz. CPU if anything is the one to be used here, for madVR. Remember I reported it maxed one of the 3.1GHz cores here whilst paused.

As for memory requirement and so on, with 512mb I have on my grafix card I should expect no problems.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh View Post
This renderer potentially is top#1 choice for video elite
7900GTX (fastest 7xxx GForce)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
On an ATi 2600XT
Quote:
So the "video elite" want's to run madVR in such old graphics cards?
Please remember that madVR needs lot of shader processing power, and the old cards have very few shader processing units... My GF 8600GT only has 16, and it barelly keeps up with it. So, if we really want to use madVR, we should start thinking in upgrading... of course madshi could be able to optimize the code, but in the end it will always be a question of shading power. You have it or not.
It would be great if people with more recent cards would test it and post the results, so we could be able to see if it's just our cards that cannot handle it.
Well, thing is that 7900GTX even though is definately older architecture, but still pulls most contemporary games in DX9 in medium and sometimes even high graphics settings. It renders about 100fps in a Source-engine based game whilst consuming slightly more CPU power than madVR displaying still frame only.

We definitely need some clarification from the developer regarding what shader version it uses and how many shader units are employed simultaneously.

I'm looking into upgrade options and this renderer would fasttrack it However I'm looking into the card which is able to produce 10bit colour, as one of my monitors is CRT which is theoretically able to produce deepcolour (few LCD panels are able to do it, and they do cost alot )

Last edited by Egh; 11th April 2009 at 15:28.
Egh is offline   Reply With Quote