Thread: Avisynth 2.6 MT
View Single Post
Old 27th January 2011, 07:02   #145  |  Link
Fullmetal Encoder

Well, I can now happily report that I have completely resolved my bizarre KERNELBASE and unknown exception crashes with Avisynth 2.6. It occurred to me to go back and check to make sure that there weren't any memory access issues since this is 32-bit softwares. I found Avisynth crashing with these errors after running up to 1.6GB of RAM used. At first I didn't get it because previously I had tested my script with SetMemoryMax and had gotten the same errors. But I thought I'd test again with a very low limit at 1.2GB and when I did it worked flawlessly, zero crashes. I tested different values and got it up as far as 1500MB without crashing. I took a look at the script with which I had previously tested SetMemoryMax (I kept a record of all the scripts I had been testing) and found that the lowest I had gone in setting the memory limit was 1600MB, which turned out to be lowest level at which the crashes occur If I just tried the script with 100MB less memory it would have worked.

And now I can report some preliminary test results. The script I've been posting, without invoking SetMTMode processes with 2.6 at about 2.5fps. This is comparable to what I was getting with JoshyD's. When I invoke SetMTMode(5,4) at the top and SetMTMode(2) just before QTGMC I get over 5fps This is about twice as fast as JoshyD's running the same script with SetMTMode! Although that's a little unfair as I had tested JoshyD's with QTGMC 2.51 the v3.0 wasn't speed related so I don't think there would be much difference.

Thanks to everybody who tried to help with this. It made sense to me when I first started testing with SetMemoryMax to leave some slack between the limit and 2GB but I had no idea it needed to be that large.
Fullmetal Encoder is offline   Reply With Quote