View Single Post
Old 14th April 2007, 22:13   #59  |  Link
Mistar Muffin

Well, I got my first DMCA letter at the same time sourceforge did, demanding the removal of BackupHDDVD from my site. They sent the letter to my host, Layered Tech, and they forwarded it to me. Except, they demanded the removal of the entire site rather than just the file (as the letter requested). I removed the file and pointed this out to them and they didn't give me too much grief. I thought I was fine until I received the second letter demanding the removal of the volume keys. I had anonymous whois from GoDaddy, so they received the letter and forwarded it to me, demanding that I comply and contact the law firm. I removed the information but I am under no legal obligation to call the damn law firm and tell them them I have complied. So about 5 days go by and I receive another email from GoDaddy telling me that I still need to contact the law firm and they have charged me $20.00 for an administrative fee. Which was taken from my bank account. I have filed with PayPal but it hasn't gone anywhere yet.