View Single Post
Old 7th June 2010, 00:38   #9  |  Link
zzspectrez

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I'm glad you worked it out.

Probably something breaks while going from MP4 to MKV to M2TS. Still, the less processing you do (the less time you waste) - the better.

Dean
Unfortunately most of my blu-rays and dvds have already been converted to matroska files. I am going to try extracting the raw streams from the mkv and try them with tsMuxer. Hopefully that will work.

Quote:
p.s. btw all three profiles from megui you posted don't look good to me (not in AVCHD/Blu-ray context anyway).
They are the default profiles that come with MeGUI.

What would recomended command line settings be for AVCHD compliant encodes?

Quote:
And better - if you use Blu-ray discs as sources - use BD-Rebuilder. AVCHD Coder and RipBot should also perform much better than just using megui.
I opted for MeGUI because that was what I have always used with my DVD conversions with good results.

All my new sources are Blu-Ray 1080p h.264 or VC-1. Im taking these sources and downsizing to 720p (dgdecnv hw resize) and encoding h.264 (via x264) and downconverting DTS audio to AC3 and muxing into mkv container with subtitles and optional commentary tracks.

Is MeGUI no longer considered a good front-end to x264??

BD-Rebuilder I have played with also but ultimately I am trying to get away from the optical discs and just have media files on the PS3 hard drive (500gb drive).

Quote:
I don't know in what format your source files are, but you can try convert them with multiAVCHD.
I have just recently started playing with your multiAVCHD with good results importing a few mkv (blu-ray compliant streams) and creating an AVCHD BD-RE 25 disc. The menu's are very impressive!! My PS3s optical drive (2nd one) is flacky about what it will read. It reads my BD-RE 25g will not read Blu-Ray 50g, BD-9 or BD-4.5.

I noticed there is an option for AVCHD folders for source but have not played with it yet.

Thanks a lot!!

Last edited by zzspectrez; 7th June 2010 at 00:44.
zzspectrez is offline   Reply With Quote