View Single Post
Old 11th August 2013, 23:27   #19822  |  Link
ThurstonX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michkrol View Post
It's driver's bug. For now disable "use separate device for presentation" in rendering->general settings. Or use older drivers.

Also I hope, you've mixed image and chroma algorithms, since using jinc3 for chroma is pointless if it means sacrificing image scaling quality. You'll only spot chroma upscaling differences on very specific images, like red object on light blue background and similar. Try checking it using "nearest neighbor" as kind of reference for low quality, both for chroma and image, you'll spot the difference instantly with image, not so with chroma. That said you should be ok with anything else for chroma (even bilinear). My preference is softcubic100 for chroma, but that's me.

Also MPC-HC nightly builds are worth checking out ( nightly.mpc-hc.org ), they're quite stable and "the" stable release is a little outdated.
Thanks a lot for the info. I didn't mix the scaling, and I know Image is more "important," thus my sad face re: Jinc 3+AR I couldn't tell much difference with the various Chroma algorithms. I just tried Jinc 3+AR to see how it affected the render stats. Definitely increased it. For some older SD content, Lanczos for Image was too much, and Soft Cubic, which I prefer for such things, was better. I prefer something a little sharper for better content.

Anyway, I'll try unchecking "use separate device for presentation" and see how it goes.

Cheers.
ThurstonX is offline   Reply With Quote