View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:50   #1099  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, siyangfei !

Currently, I have no plan to implement support for VapourSynth, simply because I 'don't think it will be really faster. Most (if not all) the time necessary to decode the video streams is spent by the MVC decoder, and it will not be faster because it runs under VS instead of AviSynth. It would be much more useful to optimize the available MVC decoders, and that's not my job. (And, BTW, FRIMSource might be a bit faster than DGMVCSource. Try it with BD3D2MK3D.)

BTW, currently, no MVC decoder can seek. To implement that, the decoder should create an index file (or, more precisely, two index files, for the two video streams) before beginning to decode the video itself (like ffmpeg or other non-MVC decoders do), and again, since I'm not the author of the MVC decoders, it's not my job.

Note that it is possible to encode only the beginning of the movie easily with BD3D2MK3D, if you really want to encode a sample. It is sufficient to edit the number of frames in __ENCODE_3D.cmd. Or you can of course encode the whole movie and then extract a certain segment with the MkvToolnix GUI.