View Single Post
Old 18th October 2017, 15:19   #46700  |  Link
xabregas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeY_ View Post
I've been struggling with several combinations the last week, since (all of a sudden, probably a TV FW upgrade) switching to HDR resulted in a purple video image. I can work-around this problem by toggling the TV OFF & ON again.

Here's my results with several drivers on Win 1709 with an 1050Ti card:

378.92-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
No HDR option in windows, unusable.

382.33-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
Toggle HDR ON/OFF on Video Start/Stop works fine, but purple video / wrong colorspace

384.76-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
Toggle HDR ON/OFF on Video Start/Stop works fine, but purple video / wrong colorspace

385.41-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql

387.92-desktop-win10-64bit-international-rs3-whql
HDR doesn't turn OFF after video stop, but this is the only driver that gives me good colors. Unfortunately unusable because it doesn't switch HDR ON/OFF properly.

So i'm sticking with 385.41 for now

As a sidenote: After installing the 1709 update, my desktop colors were really dark. I got this solved by running Display Color Calibration.
I assume you are using Nvidia Control Panel to change colors right?

You change color in Resolution tab?

I wonder if none of you had trouble trying to switch from RGB to Ycbcr before?

I needed to do some weird rituals for the drivers to assume RGB FULL color. Restarting OS. Changing other options in Nvidia Control Panel. And as i never trust this driver i always check if RGB Full is selected on my Nvidia Control Panel before i watch a movie.

I remember AMD was worst.

My tip is if you get a driver that works wonderful for what u do daily u should avoid any updates. And as for windows 10 updates i have it turned off by default on services.msc. When i remember i turn on. See the info about the update and Update or not. Then OFF again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Filou View Post
What do you need to change? What is becoming worse? I find audio decopding to be pretty bulletproof these days.
It depends. Dolby Digital Plus from amazon prime streams is awfull and very badly mixed most of the times.

Last edited by xabregas; 18th October 2017 at 15:26.
xabregas is offline   Reply With Quote