View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2017, 02:23   #42802  |  Link
Georgel
Visual Novel Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodred View Post
There must be something going on with your cooling, I use a GTX 1080 too and I haven't seen any of the NGU variants heat it up that much, mine stays around ~65C at ~80% load (pushing beyond that tends to make it start dropping frames for me). Not trying to dismiss your issue as a "works on my machine" type of deal, but a 1080 really shouldn't be hitting 85C at <200W peak power draw if adequately cooled.
Laptop GTX 1080. Same power as desktop, cooling isn't as good so it heats more. Its safe temps are up to 92C where it becomes a real problem.

Those were the results with the fans on auto and a cooler turned at max underneath the laptop.

Turning the fans within at max level will make a noise like a vacuum cleaner, but it decreases the temperatures a bit, down to 70C - 75C.

Not that bad for laptops and taking into account that the power is actually similar to desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pose View Post
Georgel, whats in upscaling refinement? Also is that NGU pixart?
Running the latest version of NGU pixart and nothing turned on inside Upscaling refinement since Pixart looks best without any additions to me.

Georgel is offline   Reply With Quote