View Single Post
Old 4th March 2007, 21:19   #132  |  Link
xyz987

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxDisc View Post
We have skipped some stuff that I am not yet clear on, and I am not sure about the independence of the SK usage, but here is what I suspect will be required: Out of the 256 SKs given each device, almost all or all will be needed to decrypt a single Title. Each time the matrix of 256 columns is entered, multiple columns will be used, requiring multiple SKs.
No, as far as i can see a maximum of 6 SKs will be needed. Spec says:

"The first column will have an encryption of the output key (denoted ‘K’ in the figure) in every uncompromised Sequence Key’s cell. Devices that do not have compromised keys in that column immediately decrypt the output key."

and also:

"The subsequent additional conditional columns are produced the same way as the first column: They will have an encryption of the output key in every uncompromised Sequence Key’s cell."

Just one uncompromised SK is needed per SKB, and there are 6 SKBs on a HDDVD disk. AFAIK the only question is to know if the same SK is valid for the 6 SKBs or each SKB requires a different SK to get a valid output. Supposedly the same uncompromised SK should be valid for any SKB, but there are 6 SKBs for some reason, so to give a safe answer i need first to know why there are 6 SKBs instead of just one.
xyz987 is offline   Reply With Quote