View Single Post
Old 15th February 2012, 17:41   #1420  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtm View Post
If they are that clueless how are they even going to know how to plug in their Blu-Ray player to a network connection to begin with? Again, many Blu-Ray players don't even come with ethernet or wireless to begin with. And yes this includes even more recent models.
I meant something else: those people are generally TOLD what to do - in the shop (BD-live is a marketing argument, despite I haven't seen a profile 1.1 player for years), in the leaflet, in the Read This First leaflet, in the operation manual (this one is supposed to read it before using it), in various papers inserted into the backcover of the disc, even between the FBI threatening and the Dolby benefits - the customer is continuously "attacked" with informations meant to connect his/her toy to the net (compromising the security of the entire home network) and to do updates as soon as possible.

As an example (which BTW I've promised some dozens of posts before ) here's a leaflet I receive with every blu-ray disc I've bought since second 0.