View Single Post
Old 9th November 2011, 22:36   #10774  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Oh noez. How shall I call it from now on, then? I always used it as a synonym for deinterlacers that preserve the full temporal resolution.
The funny thing is, in the CE (consumer electronics) world video deinterlacing pretty much *always* preserves the full temporal resolution. Because of that there's not really a word for it (that I know). I consider not preserving the full temporal resolution a bug, and it usually only happens in the HTPC world. In the HTPC world people often use "double rate deinterlacing" to name the correct solution. So maybe you want to use that instead of "bobbing". But if you talk to CE engineers, they will probably not know what you mean by "double rate deinterlacing".

(Just to avoid misunderstandings: All of the above only applies to native video content. Native movie content is a whole different thing.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevilne View Post
madshi, you were mentioning improving 24 fps clips on 60hz screens.
May I suggest an option to make 50% frame blends?
That is the solution I had in mind. Just haven't decided yet whether I'll blend in linear or gamma light. Linear light should be better, but it's also more expensive.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote