View Single Post
Old 19th August 2007, 14:34   #1841  |  Link
sarvatt

That is the thing, I do not want to use ffdshow for raw video as it will load for everything including videos where I do not want to use FFDShow. I want it to only load for the codecs I pick on the codec page but still have the ability to use it only for h264 material as I do not use ffdshow for h264. It's hard for me to explain so I will try to break down the scenario I am facing..

Playback software: Mediaportal (EVR) or MPC EVR (not custom presenter mode as I cannot get acceleration in it)
Source files: h264, WMV, and xvid in MKV all with subtitles, Live and recorded mpeg2 .ts from the tuner with no subtitles and DXVA2 acceleration with deinterlacing.

My options are
1) use VMR9 and rely on the haali splitter/playback program to load VSFilter if needed which works and not use FFDShow for subtitles at all.
2) use EVR (preferred) in which VSFilter refuses to load, no subtitles for h264 material as I am using CoreAVC and not FFDShow.
3) Set FFDShow to decode raw video making it always load thus breaking DXVA for my mpeg2 in both VMR9 and EVR.
4) Set FFDShow to decode h264 which is not an option as a good chunk of my source material is too tough for it to decode on my HTPC.

What I am looking to do is to either force ffdshow to load as an additional filter only for the h264 material which I can't figure out how to do within the limitations of the media playback programs I use, or find out if it is possible to have ffdshow load an external codec internally similar to how it loads xvid or WMV9 so that it wont interfere with my mpeg2 TV decoding and I could enable h264 on the ffdshow codec page. Thank you very much for the replies so far though, I realize it might not be a very common situation and appreciate the help!

Edit: Hmm after doing some messing with it I think I can get it working like I'm asking if I set raw video to all YUV so it ignores NV12. Hopefully it doesn't interfere with hardware deinterlaced but software decoded YUY2 files but I don't expect to run into that often I was under the impression loading it as a raw filter after the decoding was what was messing up vsfilter in EVR but I guess it's the subtitle pin connection that is doing it.

Last edited by sarvatt; 19th August 2007 at 14:58.
sarvatt is offline   Reply With Quote