View Single Post
Old 8th July 2016, 16:09   #2964  |  Link
manolito

Again an updated version of my A2D plugins:

Only the FFmpeg VBR plugin has changed this time. It fixes an undersize tendency for 1-pass VBR, and it now has an option to use Mplex instead of FFmpeg for multiplexing.

Background:
I have never been too happy with FFmpeg's muxing capabilities. But now I also get audio sync problems in some situations. FFmpeg always muxes the audio tracks into the MPG file with a -40ms delay. The MPG itself plays fine, even after repacking it into an MKV container there are no sync problems.

But after transcoding such a file to AVC/AAC (I use StaxRip for this) I do get an audio sync problem. MediaInfo reports this -40ms delay, and StaxRip feels that it must correct the delay. If you override the delay correction manually, everything is cool again.

Instead of digging deeper into this FFmpeg peculiarity, I decided to ditch FFmpeg for muxing altogether. Mplex IMO is more reliable anyways (of course it can't touch MuxMan), and it does not add an audio delay.

I included an older version which still works under WinXP using a non-SSE2 CPU. You can of course replace it with a more current version if your CPU supports it (DVDStyler comes with a much newer version).

Download link:
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/3F9AcVNv/file.html

Just uploaded a newer version which is made for the current AVStoDVD_285_Alpha161027. I highly recommend to use this Alpha version, it has many improvements and is very stable.
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/YKGhbfmL/file.html

Cheers
manolito

//EDIT//
After toying around a little bit with the FFmpeg muxing parameters I found the culprit for this stupid -40ms audio delay. It is the "-f vob" parameter ("-f dvd" has the same issue). Replacing this parameter with "-f mpeg" or omitting it altogether results in a muxed MPEG2 file without any audio delay. According to the FFmpeg docs the "-f mpeg" parameter is only for MPEG1 program streams while "-f vob" is for MPEG2 program streams.

Whatever, I will use Mplex from now on...

Last edited by manolito; 13th December 2016 at 14:20. Reason: Updated BS1770Gain in Wavi_Mod
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote