View Single Post
Old 9th March 2019, 20:37   #466  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
Nice to read that everything works. But displaying emoji's in cE is not working and maybe I can't fix it, because a Lazarus component has this issue.
No prob. I'm alright with the display of empty boxes / empty squares, as long as the emojis inside are not lost when remuxed by MTX or saved by cE, somewhat like for some unicode characters where Explorer displays them as such if the appropriate fonts are not installed. And my main goal for injecting metadata is preservation of metadata itself after all. For example, I want to save and preserve whatever title or comment (be it unicode or emojis) an Uploader placed in his uploaded video's page in YouTube.

Even Window 7's Explorer displays the emojis as empty boxes / empty squares. But before the fix, they were displayed as "black diamonds with white question marks" in Explorer, or lost if remuxed by MTX or saved by cE back then. I guess MediaInfo's HTML view so far is the only app to view or verify the emojis after getting tagged into an MKV/MKA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
I don't know, I will check this. A normal edit field is for one line and the ENTER value can't be entered in such component. I think in Matroska exists also no multi-line support. But I know what you mean. A TagString value can be longer then the edit field and my intention is to add a Memo component for display.
No prob again. Honestly though, I was hoping Lazarus has pre-made multi-line input boxes. I can still input muti-line song lyrics / paragraphs / comments via Mp3tag. After a particular version, Mp3tag has then the ability to allow the User to customize all its input boxes, like if he wants singe lines or multi-lines. When viewed by MediaInfo's HTML View, the line breaks (I think called CR LF?) are represented by a slash ( / ). When I extracted the XML tag, the text was simply... it has a line break where it looks like the Enter key was pressed by a person, instead of a single line. When remuxed by MTX (even before the emoji fix), the multi-lined tags are retained. So... I'm good with the current cE, no need to implement it then.

Last edited by Wakaku; 9th March 2019 at 21:12.
Wakaku is offline   Reply With Quote