View Single Post
Old 11th January 2005, 10:04   #78  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Well then won't it be more logical to make cl read-only in your GUI?
That's a flag you have to set in the GUI designer.. the default is editable, no matter if I meant it to be editable or not. It's just that black on white looks better than black on gray, and it improves readability.

Quote:
But some knowledgeable people, who just don't want to mess with commandlines, should have Advanced tab to play with
There are all the x264 options exposed, and a good selection of the lavc parameters (the ones I left out I think really are mostly beyond reason and work just fine at their defaults). So I don't see anything missing.. it does what I wanted it to do. You cannot have all the options in a GUI, or it'll be just as complex as ffdshow.. the reason to make this was to prevent the sensory overload and confusion by too many options... I suppose I already went too far with all the exposed options.

And if you read my comment about commandlines again, and really think!!! about it a bit, you'll see that there's a very basic problem when commandline and GUI parameters don't match. Feel free to add a reverse commandline -> GUI fields lookup when I release the sources next week-end. Perhaps then you'll realize what it is you're asking for. This really isn't a usability feature, it does just the reverse, make things more complicated.