View Single Post
Old 17th June 2017, 14:23   #26  |  Link
Fishman0919
FishmanMod Android Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
These GMJCZP parameters really got me excited. I did quite a few tests myself, but I always had a hard time picking an encode which I liked better. Old age probably...

So I made a quick and dirty test bench which makes it real easy to compare FFmpeg encodes made with either the Fishman XHQ parameters or the GMJCZP params. Download here:
http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/HVZbGHUT/file.html

Extract the files into a folder, then edit the "Convert.bat" file and enter your settings. Your input file can be entered by Copy&Paste or by Drag&Drop on the batch file.

The input file must have an audio track, a video only file will crash the script.

I modified the GMJCZP parameters slightly. The params for the first pass are from Fishman, the resulting log file worked well in my tests. I also forced the use of the "Fox New" matrix, the FFmpeg default matrix is not so nice IMO.

//EDIT//
I reuploaded a modified version of this test bench. This time the first pass params are separate, this makes sure that the GMJCZP B-Frame tweaks for the first pass are taken into account. Please redownload...

So everyone interested in optimizing FFmpeg for great quality DVD conversions please test some of your critical source files using this script and post your comments...

Cheers
manolito
I did a quick test and PM you.

All the other test I did came out the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman0919
I did a few quick test and I noticed right away detail missing and more macro blocking in GMJCZP videos.

I know comparing video with stills is not a true comparison but with this clip, it's like this thru the whole thing.

1) Where the wall is with the number "47", it should have good detail in it.

2) The windows above the gentlemen's left shoulder walking in the middle with a white shirt. The tree should have good detail. The tree in the video is waving in the wind and with GMJCZP video is very blocky.

3) You should be able to see the lines in the bricks in the walkway OK with Mepg2. With GMJCZP video, they are mostly washed out. MY video fairs a little better.

Original

Fishman

GMJCZP

Again, this was just a real quick test... I'll do a bit more this weekend.
It looks like a mirac- it's in the hole!"
Fishman0919 is offline   Reply With Quote