View Single Post
Old 20th June 2017, 17:34   #44149  |  Link
n3w813

Hi, I enabled "10 bit (or higher) in MadVR last night since my new Vizio TV supports a 10bit input and I've got some 10bit source materials. I've also set my Nvidia GTX1080 to output yCbCr 4:2:2 with 10bpc. Couple of questions...

1. Is it normal to take 10-15 seconds to switch in and out of fullscreen exclusive mode when using 10bit in Madvr? Also, during the 10-15s switch, the screen is displaying a full screen of snow with varying colors. Switching MadVR back to "8 bit" fixes this issue. Is this how it is or is there some configuration I'm not setting correctly?

2. In the thread by James Freeman regarding 10 bit output, he states that Nvidia should be set to output 8 bpc instead of 10 because of some errors introduced. Is this still the case?

3. Anyhow, is it still in my best interest to use MadVR/TV Levels, Nvidia/RGB 8bpc Full range, and TV/Limited to avoid unnecessary levels conversion? Or is the quality of the conversion in the new Nvidia video cards good enough that one can use the limited YCbCr modes without quality issues?

Thanks
n3w813 is offline   Reply With Quote