View Single Post
Old 29th August 2014, 21:17   #27185  |  Link
michkrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlasspoole View Post
What do you mean? Isn't that not what we already talk about?
What I wanted to say is create separate set of rules for chroma upscaling, separate set of rules for image upscaling, etc. to reduce complexity, since you probably only need like 2 rules for chroma, but much more for image upscaling.
Quote:
Debanding is the cue. Is it normal that with low the rendering time is higher then with high.
I also thought i use high only on SD and it takes more resources on FHD stuff.
But if i set debanding to high on movies (no matter if SD, HD, FHD) i always have less rending time.
Low setting should affect the image only slightly to avoid detail loss. To achieve it more checks are performed (computed), hence you get higher render times.
Or your GPU might be entering power-saving mode, reducing clock speeds, hence increasing render times.
Quote:
I also think that SoftCubic 50/60+AR works better for SD (especially my old cartoon DVDs).
But most of the time in tutorials its all about Jinc.
The tutorials aren't always (any) good. Jinc is the algorithm of choice if you don't use profiles.
SoftCubic is nice for "old" sources, but be sure to check out the image doubling (NNEDI3) which is pure magic for low resolution sources, especially cartoons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novalis View Post
Hi,

I have installed latest mpc x86 and madvr. Everything seems all right, all filters run. But if i play movie only sound plays, no video.
I have a win7 x64 with internal nvidia gpu and Pci Nvidia GT 610. is that a problem? Can't deactivate the internal gpu, allthough I dont use it. Windows wont start up properly.

Thx,
Novalis
Do you have all the DirectX updates installed?
Get DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Microsoft here.

By no video do you mean black window or only a small seekbar, like you get when playing an audio file? Is madVR in the filters list in View->Filters menu?
Can you see madVR's OSD (press CTRL+J to show/hide)?
If yes, OSD's screenshot will help.

Does it work with EVR or any other video renderer?
If not, please move to correct/create new thread.
michkrol is offline   Reply With Quote