View Single Post
Old 14th August 2006, 14:23   #40  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
However, one possibility to feed YV12 directly into CCE is some external codec that decodes YV12 data for it. This seems to work reliably only with CCE-SP 2.67.00.10 and newer, both DivX and XviD should do the job, as well as the lite version of the ffvfw codec included in the latest AVISynth 2.5 installers. In my tests however (using the ffvfw codec) and others, there seems to be not any difference in speed or even decreased speed compared to a ConvertToYUY2() in AVISynth. Also, the externals codecs may assume progressive video (at least DivX and XviD do) and mess up chroma for interlaced video for reasons outlined above. So for the time being, my advice is to stick to the conversion in AVISynth, eliminating another source for possible problems by minimizing the number of video processors involved.
This is from the CCE FAQ, and up to now I used the ConvertToYUY2() command in AviSynth. But recently I noticed that I do get a slightly better speed when I let the Helix codec do the conversion.
Question: Does the Helix codec handle interlaced content correctly, or will it also mess up chroma like DivX and XviD?

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote