View Single Post
Old 25th May 2019, 20:58   #56331  |  Link
bigboyman

Hello everyone. Recently I've been having some trouble getting decent performance out of madVR.
Even with all recommended "Trade quality for performance" options selected and fairly tame filtering I still get low performance (~15 fps when I should be getting at the very least 24, i.e, 10 frame drops per second).

Are my settings too high for my hardware?
Is there some hidden config I forgot to check?
Is it the drivers or the display settings?

My bulid: ~2-3 year old ASUS gaming laptop with
  • MPC-HC with LAV, madVR, CCCP, XYsubfilter and ASSmod (because they don't always both work)
  • i7-6700HQ @ 2.60 GHz
  • GTX 960 (4 GB)
  • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
  • 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD
  • Windows 10
Probably useful info:
  • The player uses up nearly all of my GPU's time (yes, the dedicated GPU) but not so much the CPU
  • Most of the GPU usage is for 3D (and a little bit for decoding)
  • I have Vsync enabled but it doesn't seem to improve performance at all
  • Integrated Graphics don't do anything (can't use both GPU's at once for the same thing)
  • I use madVR mostly for files with resolutions lower than 720p, so a decent chunk of the render time goes to upscaling
  • Render time is fairly low at the start of the video (20ms render time for like 3 minutes) but then quickly jumps to 70ms where it stays until I reboot my PC. This makes me believe it's not really an issue of my hardware not being good enough to use these settings with good performance.
  • The render queue is always nearly empty (1-2/24) and the decoder, subtitle and upload queues are always pretty much full (23-24/24)
  • The player should take at most 1/24 ~ 42ms for rendering each frame (else it drops frames like crazy [~10 per second])

Here's a link to my madVR and LAV settings.

Also if someone knows how to display more text in the OSD that would be very appreciated (so I can see all render steps and post what takes more time).

Last edited by bigboyman; 25th May 2019 at 21:06.
bigboyman is offline   Reply With Quote