View Single Post
Old 7th October 2002, 14:30   #1  |  Link
chew1138

Audio asynch using Besweet from captures

I'm quite new to all this and hope somebody can help. Due to the recent firmware "upgrade" from Pioneer, my DVD-RW 104 suddenly doesn't burn in an audio PCM that my Sony DVD player will recognize (I had no audio problems before the firmware change).

So, I'm forced to change the audio to AC3. Here's the process I use: ATI Radeon AIW 7500 capture card set on DVD quality MPEG2 PCM 48000khz sound. This provides a near perfect picture and I never drop frames, even with a long program. For this example, I captured Sopranos. Then I de-multiplex with TMPGenc and load the audio file in AC3Machine (I used the AC3 transcoding guide here to set it up, but don't know if the settings are correct for what I'm doing). I made sure to click on log file, but none of my uses caused any log output (maybe I'm not doing something right there). All three attempts were processed quickly by Besweet.

Once the audio is processed, I load the both the audio and original video (I can just barely get 3 episodes to fit and I don't need to re-encode the video) into SpruceUp. After making chapters, I jump around each episode and find the audio gets out of synch as the episode goes. It's anywhere from a short time to a second or two.

If anybody can help, I would appreciate it. I'm a computer newbie, so laymen's terms, please! Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I can't find anything when searching here.

Last edited by chew1138; 7th October 2002 at 17:10.
chew1138 is offline   Reply With Quote