View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2012, 15:41   #37  |  Link
shark000X
Real Harper's Mockingbird

Hi AMSS0815,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS0815 View Post
Two-stage means Analyze+Deblend, then Analyze+Deblend the result? This is an interesting idea. I just tried it and the second mask (result of second AnalyzeLogo invocation) shows just white noise where the logo is.
Yes, you understand me right. And perhaps the second stage of Analyze+Deblend needs some kind of pre- and/or post-processing with denoisers, but I'm going to try the denoising later if intrusion-free methods of simple deblending will be exhausted.

Quote:
I also tried to Analyze+Deblend a Grayscale version of your clip, and each RGB channel separately. All four tests failed, i.e., showed the glass-like effect.
Me too. Sorry that have not mentioned it earlier, I could prevent you from this unnecessary action if only knew you were going for some experiments. And please have my excuse for neglecting the pseudonym, it was done automatically (sometimes it is much faster to write a wellknown human name than to copypaste a nickname consisting of character set not easy to remember).

Quote:
...a common structuring tensor from gradients of red/green/blue color planes. This tensor is a convex combination of the three tensors of each plane, with coefficients taken from some well known RGB-->YUV conversion matrix. AnalyzeLogo has to compute a common alpha channel from each color plane's alpha channel, this is also a convex combination, and the coefficients can be controlled by the *Weight parameters.
Aha. It may be the reason why we need to make PC.601 before analyzing a clip, I presume the three-spined tensor is calculated according to the following matrix resulting in some restrictions:
I wonder would it be helpful to clean the restrictions if the AnalyzeLogo translated colorspaces using another method, e.g. as for Y'UV420p to RGB (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YUV ):
Code:
size.total = size.width * size.height;
y = yuv[position.y * size.width + position.x];
u = yuv[(position.y / 2) * (size.width / 2) + (position.x / 2) + size.total];
v = yuv[(position.y / 2) * (size.width / 2) + (position.x / 2) + size.total + (size.total / 4)];
rgb = Y'UV444toRGB888(y, u, v);
The Y', U and V components are computed separately in sequential blocks, the above diagram shows (corresponding Y', U and V values are shown using the same color). A Y' value is stored for every pixel, followed by a U value for each 2x2 square block of pixels, and finally a V value for each 2x2 block. Reading line-by-line as a byte stream, the Y' block would be found at position 0, the U block at position x*y (6*4 = 24 in this example) and the V block at position x*y + (x*y)/4 (here, 6*4 + (6*4)/4 = 30). Moreover, this method let us control the DeviationWeights separately for each channel, as I hope.

Errr, actually I've started this post yesterday after your reply, but the incorrect color balance of the movie was drilling my mind all the time, so I interrupted and tried the Photoshop to widely analize some frames of the source. Now it seems the movie is mainly out of gamut (Photoshop>> Select / Range / Out of Gamut). When certain colors cannot be expressed within a particular color model, those colors are said to be out of gamut. As I think, the out of gamut colors may lead the AnalizeLogo to a wrong color estimation and big mistakes when creating the color map. And, following back to
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark000X View Post
When deblending with previous settings (a highly-cropped clip analized), I have the feeling that aftershapes change their colors depending on a mix of surrounding colors, and a mix of dark colors is partially masked by a darker background, while be more visible instead of bright backgrounds. But uncropped frames as well as twice-cropped ones look as if AVSinpaint is focus-sensitive, I mean it may be not correct in analizing big areas and may cause mirror-effects on small areas (I do wish I'd be mistaken in this matter) when going far away from an artificial center
the bigger the analized area, the more volume of extragamut colors is estimated turning the AnalizeLogo into a blind kitten.

As I knew from the Photoshop Bible, to handle the out of gamut colors we need to change the hue and saturation. Heh, it is not so complicated when editing a separate image, but some kind of Hue-Saturation-Brightness model is needed to enough edit the thousands frames and preserve a good balance. Fortunately, after some non-productive experiments, I found two threads with great ideas as to this matter ( http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...81#post1405481 , EDIT: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=154731 ), and now going to try the functions...

Would the end-point be successful or not, thank you AMSS0815 for your participation, efforts and the great tool. I'm going to post the results for other users here, if you don't mind, to help avoid some bothering questions in future. Anyway, if you'll have some time, the further comments are much appreciated since you are the only guru here for last years who explains the problems of logo-removing.

Good bye

Last edited by shark000X; 23rd April 2012 at 09:45. Reason: a wrong link corrected
shark000X is offline   Reply With Quote