View Single Post
Old 19th May 2013, 06:34   #17241  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winenut View Post
With this latest version, unchecking does not remove the error. Apparently you have to ALSO uncheck the REMOVE PROHIBITIVE USER OPERATIONS before that message will disappear. But even then, it failed again...and with no indication of the error...

Also, I might add that the new version encodes much slower...when it's actually running. And uses up considerbly less CPU, while running slower. If I get it working again, perhaps I'll increase the number of concurrent encode threads. I had been using 3, which was more than enough...with the older version.

As this is VC-1, which in the past has occasionally caused issues, I'll try another one, encoded using AVC...and let you know how that goes. But I don't think this issue has anything to do with the AnyDVD settings. And BTW, I didn't recently change my AnyDVD version. Running 7.1.8.0.
You need to reinstall... because this version isn't slower, if anything it should be slightly faster. Also, the way BD-RB handles multiple instances hasn't changed at all. It sounds like you may have other issues.

By the way, you have to uncheck the box before you rip. Doing so after the disc has been ripped to HD won't have any affect -- and the damage is already done. But.. BD-RB looks in the registry and checks the current state of that setting.

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th May 2013 at 06:44.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote