View Single Post
Old 6th February 2007, 19:47   #44  |  Link
arnezami

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokin View Post
Is this the right area?

Code:
00 00 22 00 00 40 00 04 06 32 04 20 11 57 47 48 44 56 4D 00 00
Does anybody have more Volume IDs of this form? Do you by any chance jokin?

In order to find a pattern or see what parts of the Volume IDs are different between different movies we need to have more Volume IDs. You can read the beginning of this thread to see how to extract Volume IDs. The more we have the better . Especially the one with no date/time (like the one from jokin). If we find a pattern we don't have to extract these Volume IDs anymore since we can then "guess" them (where "guessing" means: trying millions at a time using a computer). So even if we get a hint of a pattern that might be good enough.

Its also interesting to know that there are now two different versions.

First the ones with date/time in it:

- King Kong (USA) / 09-18-2006 / Universal studios / IME
- Manchurian Candidate (???) / 05-31-2006 / ??? / IME??

Then the one(s) with 6 ascii characters in it (and maybe two 24 bit numbers?) :

- Apollo 13 (???) / Universal studios / IME?? (ascii chars: WGHDVM - is this an Acronym?)

It would be good to have more of these (and there may be more groups) so we can maybe figure this out.

As for the different MKBs and Media Keys: I think its pretty clear that they are different on every disc. So we need to get a Processing Key (or sub Device keys) to be able to decrypt different discs**.

arnezami

** It can be proven whether or not one Processing Key can be used to decrypt every disc released so far: if the Explicit Subset-Difference Record is the same on every disc (I'm pretty sure it is) then the same Processing Key can be used. This Subset Record starts at position 0x0704 in my MKBROM.AACS file and the first 16 bytes are: 04000A1017000000011700800001. Please somebody check if its the same on at least two discs.

Last edited by arnezami; 6th February 2007 at 21:49.
arnezami is offline   Reply With Quote