View Single Post
Old 11th May 2019, 13:15   #56204  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
Does anyone have much experience with the anamorphic lens option in madVR?

I am helping set up a new HTPC for a friend and we put in a RTX 2070. Anyways, with the settings we are using the render time is about 28-30ms which seems decent.

However, when I enable the anamorphic lens option, the render times go way up to 130-150ms!

Also, the anamorphic mode on his actual projector will stretch the content off the top and bottom edges of the screen (which is intentional). Like if it's a 16:9 native video and he wants to view it on his 2.40 screen, the 16:9 needs to be vertically stretched where the top and bottom get stretched off the screen. How can you do this with madVR anamorphic mode? I tried playing with the stretch numbers, but I can't get it to stretch the video vertically off the top and bottom of the screen. Maybe I have to use the "define visible screen area by cropping masked borders" feature?

I just assumed madVR would be really flexible with this sort of video manipulation, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

Anyone have any insights on either of these issues (the terrible anamorphic stretch performance) and (getting 16:9 content to vertically stretch)?
Try the playing with the zoom control settings. I know the two can interact, but I can't remember how the last person configured these settings to get all aspect ratios to fit. It might be possible to find past posts on this topic through Google. I think I was reading a post at the JRiver forums.

Last edited by Warner306; 11th May 2019 at 13:18.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote