View Single Post
Old 16th September 2008, 12:15   #6208  |  Link
deathlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I could probably do that, but I don't really like the idea to add such complicated workarounds for clear bugs in a specific decoder which is still being worked on. Maybe ArcSoft will fix that problem sooner or later? You could report it to their support forum...
That sounds reasonable. I will report it to their forum if somebody can point me to some samples showing this problem.

Quote:
I don't see why that should be the case. In my tests the Blu-Ray 6.1 tracks decoded perfectly fine with ArcSoft (as I already said earlier).
I meant because of the wrong volume in the back channels when decoding to 7.1, but now you have changed this:

Quote:
Just noticed that I forgot to add something to the changelog:

Code:
* option "-no7doubling" is not supported anymore
* option "-double7" added which upconverts 6.1 to 7.1
So by default 6.1 tracks are not upconverted to 7.1, anymore. You have to manually activate that if you want upconvertion. Also doubling the 7th channel now also halfs the volume of the 7th channel. Which is what ArcSoft's decoder is doing, too, when it doubles the 7th channel.
Are you sure arcsoft multiplies exactly with 0.5? Because this can't be correct, the two back speakers are not at the same position and don't radiate in the same direction, so with 0.5 they won't add to 1. Actually it should be 0.76, as I have calculated earlier using the method proposed by tebasuna51. Maybe I should report this also to arcsoft?