View Single Post
Old 27th March 2010, 00:20   #11187  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
@Stargazer : a good solution must be thought according to the following.
- NewSegment event is raised when a there is a seek or when there is a stream switching
- The same stream can hold AC3 blocks & TrueHD blocks or DTS blocks with DTSHD blocks. So the audio parser must be put in the situation where the blocks it scans may not correspond to the resulting stream format (may be TrueHD if meets AC3 block or DTSHD if meets DTS core block)

So the right solution would be to scan for the stream format only a few seconds after a newsegment is raised. The solution is here but I don't have the time for now (as for new ffmpeg libraries)

Currently the audio parser stops scanning for the stream format after 2 changes which is not the best solution I agree
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Can you tell me how to change ffdshow's code to stop scanning after, let's say, 50 changes instead of 2? If it's complicated forget about it, but if it's changing a 2 for a 50 somewhere in the code please tell me so I can live with my own builds until you have time to do the right thing
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote