View Single Post
Old 8th September 2006, 14:48   #18  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito
I would love to be able to integrate Muxman into DVD2SVCD, but this would take an experienced AutoIt programmer at least. As good as the Muxman muxing engine is, the user interface of the free version is less than elegant IMO. I do not see an easy way to write a wrapper which translates the command line parameters issued by DVD2SVCD into a Muxman XML project file.
Well, I am glad to announce that Sir Didymus came up with his BatchMux plugin for DVD2SVCD which does exactly what I would never have been able to do: Integrate Muxman transparently into DVD2SVCD. See this thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=115369

This makes this thread obsolete, can a Mod please close it?

The only situation where the D2S_Imago plugin can still be useful is when you absolutely want to create a muxed MPEG2 file. Muxman cannot do this. For me this is the case when I want to use DVDAuthorGUI or DVDStyler to author a DVD with some simple menus. If you feed elementary streams to these authoring apps, they use Mplex for muxing. The only way to avoid this is to feed already muxed streams to them, and this is where Imago comes in handy.

Please observe that D2S_Imago has another limitation I had not thought of until now: All the audio, video and muxed files have to be in the same D2S work folder. If you specify separate folders for audio and video, D2S_Imago will not work. I have no intention to fix this since the plugin should be considered obsolete now.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote